Social Media Cleanse

Hello Everyone!

Saturday Nov 20, 2021: I decided to do a little social experiment. I wanted to do a Social Media Cleanse and thought I'd make it interesting by not posting anything until someone noticed that I hadn't posted in a while... So I decided to stay away from social media except to check notifications and answer messages. I wanted to see how long it would take for someone to say something about my lack of media presence. (I usually post something on a daily basis). On a typical day I found myself spending endless hours just scrolling through social media and not getting anything done and it just flat out didn't bring me joy... I would spend hours looking at other people's posts and comparing myself to everyone (I hate that about myself). It dimmed my light to say the least...

Saturday Nov 27, 2021: Today marks a week since scrolling through social media...This week was surprisingly alot easier than I anticipated. No one has said anything yet and I haven't had the urge to post anything either.

Monday Dec 06, 2021: It's now been over 2 weeks since I've been on social media. It's still not that hard, just a little inconvenient when somebody asks me if I saw this or that on Facebook and I haven't because I haven't been on there. I guess I'm missing out a little bit but I figure if there's something really important that someone wants me to know they'll message me directly? No one is missing my posts yet and I don't really feel like posting anything anyway. Lets see how long I can go. PM update: I caved and scrolled through social media, not as much or as long as I use to but still. I'm still going to try and hold off on posting anything until someone notices though.

Monday Dec 13, 2021: Over 3 weeks now since posting on social media. I have scrolled a bit but not nearly as much as I use to. I don't miss posting either. Feels like I have nothing of value to say and nobody notices anyway.

Monday Dec 20, 2021: It's been over a month now. I posted for the first time on Saturday I didn't get any feedback and it didn't do anything for me which supports my theory.

Conclusion: Seeing how no one even noticed I wasn't active on social media for over a month really gave me a new perspective on things... I've spent so much time trying to create content that people would like and identify with and for what? I still haven't come up with a satisfying answer to that question so I will limit my posting and scrolling to a minimum.

Xx Infinite Love & Light xX



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A poem about nothing

Dating Sites