On the other side of the spectrum

*Post from december 8th 2019 (Facebook)*

How do we start a conversation that no one seems to want to have?...
Hi, my name is Michelle Soucy and 7 years ago I was diagnosed with type 1 Bipolar Disorder… What does that mean exactly? I have a mood disorder that, if not under control, makes it so that I can’t function “normally” in my day to day life… Hyper mania is my downfall. Actually, I don’t fall, I fly… A bit too high, and all without the use of drugs or alcohol… When I’m having an episode I don’t eat or sleep for weeks at a time because “I don’t need to”. I literally get high on life and the beauty that surrounds me. So much so that it gets very overwhelming and I can’t stop crying…That in turn makes it look like I’m in a depressive state, but in reality it's the complete opposite of how I’m feeling.

After 7 years of being able to live my day to day life seemingly “normal” I had another episode. I’m not out of the woods yet, I’m on a temporary break from the hospital for the weekend. This is real, this is happening and I’m not ashamed (I’m stubborn). I’m doing the work that needs to be done to try and prevent this from happening again. Being in the hospital away from my home and family isn’t my idea of fun but I’m learning a great deal about myself and life. Mostly from other patients who just need to be heard. Beautiful souls offer words of encouragement but very few really understand what I’m feeling or talking about… Hopefully talking about it will help.

I know that by pushing through what I’m going through right now I will eventually be able to help others do the same and that’s what helps me stay motivated and positive. We all have a lot to offer this world and I’m on a mission to help everyone awaken to their true potential! Divided we fall, United we stand!🤟

And because I love quotes so much I'll leave you with these final words:
The real magic is believing in yourself, if you can achieve that, you’ll be able to achieve anything ðŸ’™ðŸ’œðŸ’›

Yours truly, Michelle Karine Soucy...xX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Cleanse

A poem about nothing

Dating Sites